The council says the 300 injuries were the “direct result of excessive force by police over the course of 10 hours” and at least 26 people were taken to three area hospitals, with many patients needing treatment for hypothermia.
According to the council, the injured people include:
• An elder who lost consciousness and was revived on scene
• A young man with a grand mal seizure
• A woman shot in the face by a rubber bullet with subsequent eye injury and compromised vision
• A young man with internal bleeding who was vomiting blood after a rubber bullet injury to his abdomen
• A man shot in the back near his spine by a rubber bullet causing blunt force trauma and a severe head laceration
• Multiple fractures secondary to projectiles fired by police
This is intolerable. Seriously.