Not that I’m keeping a running list (I am actually), but here are some highlights:
- The committee attacked scientists at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration for producing policy relevant climate science, demanding to see their email communications.
- Currently, the committee is targeting this scientist, well, the Union of Concerned Scientists, for having spoken with state attorneys general about the role of ExxonMobil selling a product they knew to be harmful due to the risks of climate change.
- Chairman Smith previously attempted to interfere in the National Science Foundation’s grant process, ridiculing scientists’ work that he found silly.
- Chairman Smith tried to prevent the Environmental Protection Agency from doing its job of science-based public health and environmental protections via the Secret Science Act.
- And he’s attacked science in other ways too. But who’s counting?! (Me).
He and the rest of the committee are an absolute embarrassment.