Editor Note: This information is not offered by motive of terrorizing as some have claimed. It is offered as information for you to make up your own mind without censorship. When someone like James Lovelock states that Near Term Human Extinction is possible, what is to be done with that information?
If it’s true that the tipping point of climate change has already been passed and the multiple degree global temperature rise is locked-in, then it does not matter what you or I or anyone else do, it’s already game over. In this believe, somehow, the extreme doubters and extreme believers have converged and agree to not think about it, best to just not think about it at all and stick head back in nearest sand.
If it, the whole scenario, is NOT TRUE then, WOW, thank GOODNESS!! The only problem is there are so many scientists, ones who specifically work in the field of climatology and they’re sure. Many are freaking out sure. And to not believe them, well, exactly how does one choose which science to believe and what not to believe?
Well, what if it’s almost true, the only false part is that we haven’t hit the tipping point quite yet, what if that’s the “truth”?
The above covers the majority of possibilities, doesn’t it? They all point strongly to doing something, to mitigating the worst possible risk. A risk that is already manifesting!
NTHE may not be inevitable, but what about long term? Doesn’t it just seem to follow that something should be done no matter what? As caring human beings thinking about their children, grandchildren, and humanity in general it’s a moral imperative.
Near Term Human Extinction
“As near-term human extinction is debated back and forth, argued for and against (with a degree of condemnation), the signs are already painfully obvious that this is the path we are heading down. Climate change, environmental damage and nuclear meltdowns are the signposts towards the demise of the human race and, as 2014 fades away, the issue of near-term human extinction demands serious attention.” –Emma Fenton
Who is saying it’s possible…
- James Lovelock – A beloved amongst enviros, the original climate scientist who formed the Gaia theory about our lovely Earth defining it as a ecosystem. Read this from 2008 (and NOTHING has changed, only more evidence has surfaced) “Enjoy Life While you Can: in 20years global warming will hit the fan.”
- Guy McPherson – This ecology scientist has an impressive list of reinforcing feedback loops that could actually bring about what he’s predicting. His essays lay it out with dismal clarity. The quote above from Emma Fenton came from McPherson’s site. Bringing up McPherson’s name for discussion is generally greeted with rapid head shaking: no.
- Professor Tim Garrett of the Dept. of Atmospheric Sciences at the University of Utah, who’s famous discussion on the thermodynamic implications of our energy consumption and the possible collapse of civilazation that is the result of our Greenhouse Gas by-products can be viewed here.
- Mike Sliwa, author at The Good Men Project. Posted on Dec, 2015 “World Climate Change Conference Confirms Near Term Human Extinction“. Sliwa is a co-host with Guy McPherson for the radio program, Nature Bats Last on the Progressive Radio Network ( ) and he is co-founder of the social justice speaking agency truality.org.
- Michael J Benton & Richard J Twitchett – Department of Earth Sciences, University of Bristol, Bristol, BS8 1RJ, UK. 2003 LINK: How to kill (almost) all life: the end-Permian extinction event
- Thom Hartman: Human Extinction by 2030 – The Last Hours of Humanity. One of the first videos on topic from 2014. Here is the link to Last Hours, a video trailer.
- The late, great, Michael C. Ruppert aka The Tracker of Truth. The documentary featuring him, titled: Collapse, was one of the most riveting interviews… not even… that I have ever seen. The charisma was off the charts. He was like that. He’s gone now but his legacy will never die. Here is the excerpt from the 29 Dec 2013 episode of The Lifeboat Hour that pertains to NTHE by 2030 as he lays out in his Three Guarantors of Near Term Human Extinction. Ruppert killed himself
- The Crisis of Civilization – All the systems not just climate change and connecting the dots.
- End: Civ
- Posts on Earth Network News in the Near Term Human Extinction category
Some say it could happen as soon as 2030.